FirstMark is Hiring a Corporate Development lead
Make meaningful connections between senior industry leaders and startups
FirstMark is a venture capital fund that invests in technology startups. We are proud to work with entrepreneurs who have built iconic companies like Shopify, DraftKings, Pinterest, Airbnb, and dozens of others. Today, we count 75+ startups as members of the FirstMark family.
Our Platform team provides extensive resources and support to accelerate the success of companies in the FirstMark family. We do that by connecting founders and their teams with talent, customers, and expertise.
Our Corporate Development efforts are focused on making meaningful connections between startups and industry leaders — connections that can become company-defining moments..
We have introduced early-stage companies to their first customer, and enabled late stage companies to meet their largest customers. We have laid the groundwork for strategic product integrations, go-to-market and distribution partnerships, and much more.
In the Corporate Development role at FirstMark, you will be charged with cultivating a network of senior leaders from the Fortune 1000 and tech ecosystems. You’ll identify overlapping areas of interest and opportunity between that network and our portfolio, and make commercial and strategic connections that create immense value.
Note: we are also hiring a Platform Associate to focus on building our communities. Click here to learn more.
Who We’re Looking For
We are open to a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. In general, we believe successful candidates will most likely have experience in business development, strategic partnerships, sales, or consulting. We also believe the ideal candidate has all of the following qualities:
- Compelling and charismatic communicator, who is comfortable and will thrive in front of a room of senior industry leaders
- Thoughtful listener; can understand executives’ needs and identify ways to authentically add value
- Data- and detail-oriented; able to carefully track all interactions in a CRM, and follow through on commitments
- Understands the technology and venture ecosystem broadly; pays close attention to technology trends and their long-term implications for industry
- Empathy for both industry executives and founders; keeping everyone’s “WIIFM” in mind is crucial
- Resourceful and willing to wear many hats, contributing to other strategic platform initiatives
How To Apply
If this sounds like a challenge you are up to — and you are extremely methodical, persistent, and passionate about impacting and helping others — we’d like to hear from you. To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Links to your online presence (primarily your LinkedIn and other professional social profiles) to help us get to know you better
- One-paragraph summary of your key accomplishments at your most recent (or current) job
- A pitch (2–3 paragraphs at most) articulating how FirstMark and our network can be valuable to a Fortune 100 CIO