Starting a new year, or new month, while still having lingering challenges from your past, is No Good!
Here is a quick exercise for you to do to clear your plate of your Top 5 Challenges from last year or last month.
- List your Top 5 challenges from the past year (or month)
- List why it was challenging for you
- Now put down how long this has been a challenge for you.
Here’s an few examples for you:
- In Debt — Feels like a burden — whole life
- Overweight — Frustrating — past three years
- Fighting with partner — Like I’m not being heard — 4 months
- CoWorker who isn’t on the same page as the rest of the team — frustrated — 2 years
The things on your list that have been going on for less than 1 year, are usually a temporary challenge or a quick fix with just a few tweaks.
Those things on your list that have been going on for more than a year, but less than 7 are usually just a habit that you’ve gotten in to that can be corrected or modified with some conscious effort and some constant coaching.
However, the things on your list that have been going on for 8+ years to a lifetime. These are a lifestyle and are a part of the way you’ve been living life.
These require a bit more attention.
- For each item on your list, ask yourself: What is a possible solution to this challenge?
- Use your intuition when creating or thinking of this possible solutions.
- Now list things you have tried in the past that haven’t worked for you. “What have I tried in the past that hasn’t worked?”
Here’s another example for you:
In Debt — Feels like a burden — whole life –
- Possible Solution: Hire a financial coach.
- Past Efforts: Complaining and wishing.
Overweight — Frustrating — past 3 years
- Possible Solution: Go to doctor and look at what changed in my life 3 years ago to cause weight gain. Address that life change and begin to work with them around relationship with food and exercise.
- Past Efforts: A few weeks of dieting but quit
Fighting with partner — Like I’m not being heard — 4 months
- Possible Solution: Explore what happened 4 months ago that sparked the communication issues. Visit a family or couples therapist.
- Past Efforts: It wasn’t an issue in the past.
CoWorker who isn’t on the same page as the rest of the team — frustrated — 2 years
- Possible Solution: Become very clear about the exact issues I have with the person and see if it’s my issue or theirs. (who’s responsibility is it?) Work on the things that I am responsible for and let go of the need to dwell on what I can’t control and the things that are not my responsibility.
- Past Efforts: Complaining with other coworkers.
This Week’s Challenge:
- Do the above exercise.
- Honestly assess if you are ready to address these challenges in your life. If not, you’re going to be in the same place this time next year. If yes….
- Commit to yourself and your future but doing something different.
- Ask for Help: Enlist the help of a coach, trainer, read a book about the subject. But stop trying to do it on your own if you’re not getting any where. Especially if this is an issue that has been a lifetime in the making.
I believe in you and your future.
The only way you can get or experience something new is to DO something new!
Are you ready?
Share this post with someone who you think might benefit from this exercise. :D We’re all in this together.
Flora Sage is a writer, motivational speaker, spiritual business mentor, master financial coach, and creator of the Mastermind Mafia; a membership for women business owners. Floras six books and countless articles on spiritual, personal and business development have been featured in Medium and Goddess Magazine. Flora has been a guest speaker and trainer for the Hibiscus Moon Crystal Academy on ethics in business and at Sunlight Alliance for business and sales. Flora has been a regular teacher at WITC Community College and has been a featured in numerous tele-summits, interviews, and academies world-wide.
Since 2009, she has helped women make more money in their online coaching businesses by helping them clarify their message and their offerings through the 1 degree shift method. She is a four-time honor society member, third generation entrepreneur and has a Bachelors of Science in Business with a double minor in marketing and management from Oklahoma State University. She also holds certifications as a; Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach, “Coach the Coach” Laser Coach, Holistic Life and Simplification Coach, as well as a Spiritual counselor, Professionally trained Psychic and creator of the Quantum Bliss Activation. Flora offers special opportunities to active duty military and veterans as a way to pay it forward and give back.
Flora is a Veteran of the United States Marine Corps, mother of two boys, avid traveler, loves big band music and slapstick comedy.
Let’s Connect: www.FloraSage.com