Sitting at the foot of my Dad’s bed, I knew he had less than 24 hours to live.
He had been fighting cancer for the last year and a half and was done fighting.
Cancer had overtaken him and we all knew it.
As family flew in from all over the country, I was coming from Oklahoma, we gathered around his bed to be with him one last time.
During this time our conversations revolved around memories about my Dad and random things happening in our life at this time, when my niece made a self deprecating comment.
We knew it was all in good fun, but we also knew what she wasn’t saying.
She had implied that she wasn’t lovable and that she didn’t have a lot of good qualities about her.
She was only 22 and to hear her comments made my heart sink for her.
We all began reassuring about how amazing we thought she was! Then my oldest sister and I stood up and and walked everyone through an exercise called “Yes, It is True” or a Words of Affirmation exercise.
This is how it goes:
- One person stands in the middle of a room or circle with their arms outstretched by their side palms facing forward (as if getting ready to receive something)
- The other members gather around this person
- One by one each person says a compliment to the person or something they admire about them.
- The person in the middle is only allowed to say “Yes it is true!” and accept / receive the compliment
- This is repeated until everyone has been in the middle to receive praise from everyone present
We all took turns receiving compliments.
One of the things I heard from a few people there that day was how they admired how I was able to “Reinvent” myself several times over of the course of my life.
Reflecting on those comments I realized I had reinvented myself several times over the years and completely started over.
But Why Start Over?
What’s the point?
What would it solve?
It solves quite a lot actually.
Starting over gives us the chance to have, do and be differently.
Have a different life.
Do things we want to do.
And Be the person we want to be NOW!
As a human, you are constantly changing, growing and evolving.
You’re reaching new levels of understanding in your life, in relationships and in your business.
So how do you know you’re ready to start over AND how do you do it?
Here’s how to do it:
- Review — Review your life. What you like and what you don’t.
- Reflect — Reflect on where you are and where you want to be.
- Release — Release all the stuff you don’t like, want or those things that are holding you back.
- Learn — Learn the lesson and wisdom from those things you are releasing
- Begin again — Then Begin again in a new direction that will bring you to where you want to go.
It’s okay to start over.
You CAN CHOOSE to reinvent yourself and create the life you want.
You can JUST DECIDE to do it and then CHOOSE to make it happen.
As you move into this next month set your self up for success.
Take out your journal, write out your answers to the prompts above and start to create a new plan of action.
Flora Sage is a Six-time Author, Motivational Speaker, Business Mentor, Spiritual Teacher, Intuition Expert, Veteran of the United States Marine Corps, & Creator of the Mastermind Mafia; a membership of for women business owners world-wide.
Since 1997, she has been described as a “Bullshit Eliminator” and a“Simplification Ninja!”. Flora’s has helped thousands of clients to create their dream life through her 1 degree shift method. Flora’s dynamic teaching methods provide a proven blueprint and roadmap for a thriving business and life!
Flora is a third generation entrepreneur and holds a Bachelors of Science in Business with a double minor in management & marketing. A life long student, Flora holds certifications as a; Laser Success Coach, Holistic Life & Simplification Coach, as well as a Spiritual counselor, Professionally trained Psychic and Flora has been a regular teacher at WITC Community College and has been a featured in numerous tele-summits, interviews, and academies world-wide.
When you get clear about what you want & commit to taking 1 baby step at a time, you can truly have a life and business that you LOVE!!
Let’s Connect: www.FloraSage.com