Turkey Burger with Tzatziki sauce
Full of flavor and unique texture, this Greek-inspired turkey burger uses feta cheese and Panko bread crumbs to bring unique flavor and texture to your dinner table.
- 1 lb. ground wild turkey, mix white meat with dark meat
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup Panko breading
- 1 medium peeled and shredded cucumber
- 1/2 pint Greek yogurt, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1–2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Make desired size patties.
- To keep burgers from falling apart while cooking, place thumb print in middle of burger to keep from shrinking as it cooks.
- Place burgers on grill and cook until medium. Remove, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add Tzatziki sauce to toasted bun and top with red onion and spinach.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl and add crushed garlic.
- Peel cucumber and slice in half to remove all seeds.
- Shred the cucumber in a grater or processor.
- Squeeze out any liquid, slightly salt, and let sit for 30 minutes, then squeeze again to get as much of the liquid out as possible so as to have a thicker sauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let sit.
Originally published at www.foodchannel.com.