Can Seaweeds Help Us Boost Our Energy Levels?
I believe seaweeds are amongst the most powerful, nutritionally-rich foods around the world, for a number of very good reasons.
There are 3 common types of edible seaweeds: brown, red and green. Most of seaweed species are characterised by the following properties:
1. Source of Raw Marine Nutrition. Seaweeds come packed with numerous unique minerals & trace elements which aren’t widely available from terrestrial sources. Probably the most notable of them is Iodine.
2. High Antioxidant Content. This marine food offers many unique antioxidants — ex. polyphenols & pigments such as fucoxanthin — which we can’t get directly from our other common foods.
3. High Fibre Content. The presence of compounds such as polysaccharides helps form the beneficial bacterial environment in the intestinal tract.
What are the main causes of low energy levels?
1. Vitamin & Mineral Deficiencies. This happens mainly due to poor modern diets which offer a lot of processed foods and very little of real, living nutrition.
2. Intoxication of the Body. Toxins accumulate in our bodies for many years and ultimately start dragging our energy levels down.
3. Chronic Hormonal Disruptions. Hormonal disruptions come mostly as a result of the 2 factors mentioned above: vitamin deficiencies and excessive amounts of toxins in the body. As well as Stress.
Solutions to Low Energy Levels
1. Re-mineralisation of the Body. Once our body receives all the nutrition it requires, we feel better and have higher energy levels. We need certain amounts of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients on a daily basis, to enjoy optimal levels of energy. Seaweeds offer just that. They provide literally everything we need to feel well.
2. Detoxification of the system. Thanks to their rich antioxidant content, Seaweeds are great detoxifiers too. They can keep our body cleansed of toxins every day — in a continuous way.
3. Improved function of the immune system. Thanks to their rich fibre content, Seaweeds support our immune system as well. Recent research suggests that around 80% of our immune system is located in the intestinal tract. So, by supplying our digestive tract with everything it needs, we also ensure our immune system functions properly.
4. Hormonal Re-balancing of the System. Hormones are activators of many crucial functions of the human body, including energy production. If hormones are out of balance, we feel unwell and tired all the time. When the hormonal system works well, our body functions at its best. And that includes high energy levels. Seaweeds deliver high amounts of Iodine which is absolutely essential for the thyroid function to help the body produce energy at the most optimal levels.
In other words, Seaweeds help us solve the 4 points above — in just one go. All of these may naturally lead to higher energy levels.
Further reading and academic references:
- Irina Gray (August 2014). Seagreens: Fine-Milled Seaweed Mix. Published by Kill-Tiredness-Now.com and IrinaGray.com. Retrieved on October 21, 2015 from: http://kill-tiredness-now.com/seagreens.html
- Irina Gray (July 2013). Seaweeds and Their Health Benefits. Published by Kill-Tiredness-Now.com and IrinaGray.com. Retrieved on October 21, 2015 from: http://kill-tiredness-now.com/seaweed-benefits.html
In addition to years of empirical knowledge and experimentation with lots of different raw foods for health, I gained a Level 3 Nutritional Therapy certification from the Stonebridge College UK, in August 2015.
If you liked this article, please spread ❤︎ to your networks. Thank you!