Fooze Update #1: Fooze Balls Galore…
Hello and thank you for being an early friend of Fooze!
It has been an exciting journey since we graduated from the Food-X accelerator, and we greatly appreciate your support thus far.
We have a number of updates:
- We released our private beta to NYC’s late night eaters on August 1st! We’re delivering in just six zip codes in Manhattan to ensure we can deliver on our promise of a fast and delightful delivery experience. Our average delivery time has been 21 minutes, and we plan on maintaining that speed as we expand.
- In the last month we’ve brought on a number of amazing restaurant partners including Baked, an award-winning bakery in Tribeca and creators of the signature sweet & salty brownie (Oprah’s personal favorite!) and Ramen-Ya, voted one of the best under-the-radar Ramen spots. This is the first time both of these establishments have offered delivery.
- What else makes for a delightful experience? A personal touch! We spent the Friday night before our launch making 100 ‘Fooze Balls’. We’re a big proponent of #doingthingsthatdontscale especially in this biz. The balls are a delicious mix of chocolate chips, granola, flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut, and peanut butter. We’re giving them out with every Fooze order as a small bite of appreciation at the end of your meal.
- I recently discussed Fooze more in-depth on Pitchcraft with Wayne Sutton of Buildup VC. The full episode is here, I come on about halfway in (see screenshot progress bar below). I expand upon our unique value props and why I believe there’s room for a service like Fooze even in the highly saturated food delivery space. Quotable quote: “If I got a push notification right now and it said this hot pizza was 15 minutes away, you would take all my monies, all of it!”
- I will be travelling to SF at the end of August. Know anyone who might be interested in Fooze? I appreciate any connections! A shower of gratitude and Fooze Balls await…
- We expect to launch Fooze publicly the first week in September. In the meantime we are continuing to deliver munchies to our private beta users. Interested in being included? Shoot me a note!
Thanks to all who have supported Fooze with suggestions, investment, food, or booze. We’re building something awesome and couldn’t do it without you!