This tutorial series is to help you get jump started with AWS EC2. Part 1 is How to Create an EC2 Instance. Part 2 is How to SSH into EC2. Part 3 is How to Install Anaconda on EC2. Part 4 is How to Start a Jupyter (IPython) Notebook Server on EC2.
- Go to Amazon Web Services’ Website. (link)
2. Sign in if you have account, if not make one
3. Click on EC2
4. Click on Launch Instance
5. Select Ubuntu
6. Select Free Tier t2 micro
7. Configure Instance Details
8. Add Storage if you need it
9. Add a tag if you want to
10. Launch your instance
11. Create a key pair and make sure to save it somewhere safe. You won’t be able to replace it.
12. Launch the instance. Done!
Now that your instance is launched, you need to connect to it. That is why the next part of this tutorial is AWS EC2: Connect to Linux Instance using SSH. If you have any questions or thoughts on the tutorial, feel free to reach out in the comments below or through Twitter.