Give your students a Quip
We all love Google Docs for teaching. But here are some reasons why you should also consider Quip for your teaching:
- Half text editor/half chat app. Beautiful combined
- Write together on the same document at the same time (docs and spreadsheets). Yes, just like Google Docs.
- Collaboration in each document is more than comments. It’s a conversation. In Quip, you get a full chat experience within each document.
- Mentions is not a small feature. It makes collaboration faster and more focused. You can mention people, documents and more everywhere in the documents and chats.
- Great updates on new edits. This will give you great insights into progress.
- Create Chat Rooms. Create them for topics, groups work, classes etc. You can even add a few integrations such an email, Twitter, IFTTT, Dropbox etc.
- Desktop apps for Mac and PC. Smartphone and tablet apps are great which Quip offers. But for writing there is nothing that beats a good desktop experience.
- Import and export Microsoft Word and Excel files. Still the standard so very nice feature.
- Folders work like tags. This means that the same document can be added to several folders. No copying. This is great!
Have a nice day!