This year was a year of growth, making hard decisions, taking leaps of faith, reinventing myself and just stepping into my truth, fully and unapologetically. Here are 23 lessons I learned while I was 23.
- Decisions are hard, but you must make them anyways.
- Put yourself first
- It’s okay to reinvent yourself
- Love yourself so much it hurts
- You can help others more if you are pouring into their cups from an abundant waterfall vs if you are trying to share one bottle of water
- Quit while you’re ahead
- Be preventative, not reactive
- Age doesn’t automatically give wisdom
- You will outgrow people and that’s okay
- You are truly a terrible liar
- Some people will hate you and that’s okay
- It’s not personal its just business
- Never dumb down your greatness… for ANYONE!
- You are unique, never forget it
- Failure isn’t a loss its a lesson
- Most ends lead to new beginnings
- Multitasking is a lie
- Don’t lie to yourself
- Do the hard thing first
- Work hard and SMART
- You are not superwoman, nor do you want to be
- If you can’t love all of me then you deserve none of me
- There is a lot more to learn, pace yourself
I know that the 24th chapter of this book of adventures called my life will be even more magical and I can’t wait to embark on that journey.
Year 24… I’m ready for you!
Originally published at www.gsdwithgeorgie.com.