Have you met Jason … ?
Jason (the man with the largest tax deductible bar tab in Brisbane) takes on my 10 questions and it turns out recruiters don’t just post on Seek ;)
- What is your current title/company?
Co Founder at Just Digital People & Just Media Design
2) Other than Brisbane where else have you lived?
Toronto for 1 year in 2009.
3) So far, what’s been your most embarrassing career moment?
Tweeting out a tweet, reverse marketing a female candidate (all good intentions) blurring their face, received a very feminist back lashing. very embarrassing.
4) Which current tech company do you wish you’d founded?
Uber, without a doubt.
5) What advice would you give yourself 5 years ago?
Keep notes on all of the people I’ve ever spoken with
6) What tech are you currently focusing your efforts on?
Wearables, Apple Watch
7) What is your hidden skill/talent that not many people know about?
Long distance running
8) What is your best tip on an up and coming tech company we should be looking at?
MyRepublic, they’re going to be disrupting Broadband as we know it.
9) What is the biggest problem facing digital media in QLD right now?
People’s patience, and people’s global awareness of what’s happening outside of QLD
10) List the top three misconceptions that people often have about your job, and why.
- Recruiters, aren’t worth it, because we can produce a solution to a problem very quickly 8/10 times, and our fee sometimes doesn’t seem equal to the effort they receive.
- We’re all the same, because many of us can solve the same problem, at varying rates.
- We only use seek.