20 Must Visit Websites If You Want to Become a Better Content Marketer
A genuine content marketer is an influencer, and his/her content pieces are authentic. With experience, veteran content marketers can generate waves, and with bolder, braver content marketing, they can start a trend.
Here are some websites you must visit if you intend to become a successful content marketer. They will teach you a thing or two about content marketing!
Content Marketing Institute, or CMI for short, is a leading content marketing and training website. It provides online training sessions on how to create compelling content.
The blog is regularly maintained and you can read inspiring articles on various aspects of content marketing and innovative strategies. The website, blog and training classes are headed by Joe Pulizzi, a legend in the field of content marketing.
- How to Turn 1 Idea Into 2 Months of Content Marketing (and More)
- 27+ Handy Tools for Better Visual Content Marketing
- 17 Content Marketing Tips for Any Size Budget
More than 600,000 leading marketing professionals rely on the articles, videos and podcasts by Marketing Profs to learn about the best practices of creating content. This site keeps you updated on the latest trends in social media, email marketing and digital marketing strategies. With training from Marketing Pros tucked under your belt, your sure to remain ahead of the curve.
- The Most In-Demand Digital Marketing Skills
- 50 Horrible Cliches You Need to Stop Writing and Saying Right Now [Infographic]
- The 10 Best (and Worst) Performing Words in Email Subject Lines
HubSpot was launched with the simple mission of helping businesses adapt to people’s needs in shopping, working and buying. The owners Dharmesh Shah and Brian Hlligan aimed to improve inbound experiences that are relevant to changing marketing conditions.
Hubspot offers numerous resources on how to make your presence felt and known when people really need it. You can learn new marketing strategies that would be more in tune with today’s changing times where the customer is in control.
- 7 Handy Excel Tricks That’ll Impress Your Boss [Infographic]
- From HBR to Mashable: How to Be a Guest Writer on 11 Popular Sites
- 12 Uncomfortable Things That Will Make You More Successful
Buffer has proved to be a reliable platform for social media marketing and their blog is no different. They consistently share the latest trends and techniques on social media marketing that prove to be quite beneficial.
The detailed articles and case studies shared on the Buffer blog give ample information you can implement to grow your social media reach, increase follower engagement and get more website visitors.
- 7 Social Media Experiments That Grew Our Traffic by 241%
- 15 New Social Media Templates to Save You Even More Time
- 14 Amazing Social Media Customer Service Examples (And What You Can Learn From Them)
Convince and Convert claims to be a digital marketing advisor that conducts in depth audits and strategic planning to get you the best of social media marketing and content management.
They provide advice and counsel on how to create effective marketing strategies, and make use of the latest in metrics and content tracking. Jay Baer, a digital marketing expert and best selling author, founded Convince and Convert in 2008.
- 4 Steps to Boost Your Social Media Engagement
- 105 Types of Content to Fill Up Your Content Calendar
- Why You Need a Business Strategy, Not a Social Strategy
CopyBlogger, founded in 2006, has been consistently advising its clients on how to create killer content. Content is the only long-lasting element that attracts attention and drives traffic. If you are looking to build your business with amazing, audience-focused content, learn how to do it at CopyBlogger.
- 9 Landing Page Goofs that Make You Lose Business [Infographic]
- What Is a Content Marketing Strategy?
- How to Write Conversationally: 7 Tips to Engage and Delight Your Audience
7. Jeff Bullas
The website, run by Jeff Bullas, is the perfect example of how good content is accepted by people. His blogs reach more than 4 million people a year. A huge change, considering the humble beginnings he started from.
When Jeff Bullas launched his blog in 2009, he was under $50,000 in debt. Eventually, he learned to overcome obstacles and researched the art and science of reaching the maximum number of people by optimizing search results.
- 5 Digital Marketing Trends That Will Disrupt Your Business
- 5 Ways to Standout on Social Media with a Bootstrap Budget
- Content Marketing Tips: 11 Types of Content That People Love To Share
Social Media Examiner must be a very familiar name to you if you have anything to do with content. This is the one stop solution for those who want to know how to use social media to its best capacity and increase traffic. The website already has 450,000 (and counting) subscribers.
- 5 Twitter Tools to Boost Your Productivity
- 12 Social Media Marketing Trends for Small Business
- Ultimate Guide to Social Media Image Sizes
Learn some of the most important lessons in content marketing by visiting the Marketing Experiments website. The company is also credited with being the first Internet based research company that conducted experiments on marketing and sales processes. The blog is a reflection of all their research and is regularly updated.
- A/B Testing: Ecommerce site’s 3,000 positive comments show why you can’t trust just one test
- From 300 to 5,000 Twitter Followers in Three Weeks: An interview with a growth hacker
- Email Marketing: Five test ideas for personalizing your email campaigns
Duct Tape Marketing is an interesting name for a company that teaches you to generate good content for marketing. John Jantsch, an expert marketing consultant himself, founded the company. Duct Tape Marketing considers itself an institute where training is given to small businesses through regular blogs.
- Top 4 Content Marketing Metrics
- Checklist for the Perfect Blog Post
- Email Marketing Best Practices for Lead Generation
Neil Patel is a familiar name for everyone who has heard about blog and content, and for several years now, he has been providing excellent guidance on how to market with content. With Neil Patel by your side, you cannot go wrong.
- How to Win on Facebook: 8 Lessons Learned From Analyzing 1 Billion Posts
- 75 Content Marketing Tools You Can’t Live Without
- Why We Like, Comment, and Share on Facebook
12. TopRank Blog
TopRank Blog is a website that teaches you how to publish good, readable content on your website. With the plethora of content that is being published each minute, readers are having a tough time choosing what to read.
TopRank Blog guides you on how you can make your readers sit up and notice your blogs. Lee Odden and Susan Misukanis, both experts in influencer marketing, customer engagement and media marketing, founded the blog.
- 50 Influential Women in Digital Marketing
- 50 Social Media Marketing Influencers to Follow
- 5 Social Media Marketing Tips for Business
13. Marketing Sherpa
Marketing Sherpa is a research firm that tracks all the latest happenings in the world of marketing and publishes the same on their blog. You can bookmark their page to know about the latest trends in content marketing.
- Copywriting: How to improve headlines on landing pages and blog posts
- Seven Surprisingly Successful Brands on Instagram
- Email Research: The 5 best email variables to test
eMarketer is an old name in the world of marketing. It was started way back in 1996 when they realized the importance of a digital era and began to leverage the trend. Now you can seek their help in analyzing data trends and perspectives.
- Digital Ad Spending to Surpass TV Next Year
- US Digital Display Ad Spending to Surpass Search Ad Spending in 2016
- Trends for 2016: Six Predictions for What Will Happen
The Content Strategist is the content-rich blog of Contently, which is really more that a content or marketing company. They feature articles and case studies on content marketing, with focus on brand building, media marketing, social marketing and increasing ROI.
- Infographic: 50 Terrible Work Phrases You Need to Stop Using
- 10 Onion Articles That Perfectly Sum Up the Marketing Industry
- ‘We’re a Media Company Now’: Inside Marriott’s Incredible Money-Making Content Studio
16. The Moz Blog
Ever since The Moz Blog saw the light of day in 2004, they’ve been on an epic ride, playing a strategic role in supporting content marketers in all their efforts. The blog offers expert advice, latest research, detailed tutorials and insightful articles to help marketers improve their SEO and online marketing skills.
- 3 Unusual Hacks to Dramatically Up Your LinkedIn Game
- 10 Predictions for 2016 in SEO & Web Marketing
- My Single Best SEO Tip for Improved Web Traffic
Kissmetrics is not just a blog, but a marketing force to be reckoned with. The site is frequently updated with quality articles, infographics and guides on online marketing, conversion optimization, customer acquisition and analytics.
- How to Build an SEO Optimized Web Page
- How Much Do Keywords Still Matter?
- 6 Types of Visual Content You Need to Use in Your Marketing Campaigns
With objective measurement, Relevance would be able to guide you along the right path. The publication features contributors with decades of experience who offer unique insights and practical wisdom on how to effectively manage, promote and distribute content online.
- 8 Crucial Steps to Succeed at Global Ecommerce
- Why Invest in a Strategic Content Distribution Plan?
- NewsLauncher Unveils New Sponsored Content Platform
Kapost has an entire library of marketing resources that would help you generate good content and track its performance. If you want good content on your blog, you listen to Kapost.
- Top 50 Product Marketers to Follow on Social
- B2B Purchase Decisions: Logic Driven by Emotion
- 40 Inspiring Women in Marketing #IWD2016
As the name suggests, you are going to get inside information on marketing your content and how to connect with your audience. The CEO and Founder of the company is Michael Brenner. With their actionable insights, you can deliver a fool-proof marketing strategy.
- Top 20 Content Marketing Blogs You Should Read Every Day
- 20 Experts Provide Their Content Marketing Predictions For 2016
- 15 SEO Tips And Tricks To Improve Your Content Marketing
Content marketing has literally changed the face of digital marketing over the past few years and it’s essential to stay up to date with the latest marketing news and strategies. Browsing the websites suggested in this article is a surefire way to garner a few new tips and techniques that you can implement in your content marketing strategy.
Want to boost your business with content marketing? We can help you…