7 Easy Things to Do to Simplify Your Life
Life always seems to be zooming past us and things can get pretty intense and complicated. When we feel pressed by time constraints, the demands on our personal live and our professional time, the sheer volume of all we feel responsible for, the things we must do and the the things we want to do, it can feel overwhelming. There are many things we can do to simplify our lives and still get a great deal accomplished. If you check online you will find hacks for work, hacks your love life, exercise, and anything else you can imagine. Setting up all of these hacks requires a hack or an app of its own.
Strategies for A Simpler Life
1. Keep your list short.
- The fewer things we try to accomplish, the more we will be able to get done.
- Make a list in the morning (or the night before) of the two or three most important things you want to get done at work today.
- Before you leave work, make a list of the one to three most important things you want to get done while you are at home.
- Make a new short list for the weekend.
- This action of making a working list will force you to prioritize so that you can focus on and succeed at accomplishing the tasks that are most important to you.
2. Focus. Stop Multitasking.
- Switching back and forth between two or more tasks is inefficient.
- Learn to focus on one task until it is complete before moving on to something else.
- Try this for a week and notice the difference it makes.
3. Pare down your diet and your waistline.
- The next time you are shopping for groceries, make a list, and stick to the edges of the store.
- What is on the edges? Lean protein, vegetables, fruits, and dairy. Throw in some nuts, some healthy whole grains and you have a healthier diet.
- You will save time and money at the store while working to improve your health.
4.Write shorter emails.
- Try to limit your emails to five sentences.
- If an email is five sentences, no one will complain that your email is too short , too long, or too wordy.
- You can maintain relationships without spending a lot of time typing a senseless email and repeating information people already know.
- If the topic will take more than 5 sentences, then pick up the phone or walk to the other person’s office as the situation calls for it.
5. Get to bed on time, or early.
- Any extra time that we are awake at night is rarely productive.
- Most people spend evenings nodding off in their favorite chair while the TV watches them. Break your TV habit.
- Get to bed early and get up early.
- You will get more done.
6. Sort through your mail as you enter your home.
- Every day, take the mail from your mailbox, and stand over the garbage can.
- Throw out the junk immediately, and sort the rest.
- Put it all away in its appropriate place.
- This will help avoid the frustration of lost bills and clutter.
- Save your precious time and energy for more important tasks than going through a huge stack of junk every time you need to find a bill or other important paperwork.
7. Go off-grid.
- I know that it seems like more and more work must be completed on the computer, but there are pitfalls to working online.
- The internet can be, at times, both the best and worst thing ever invented.
- While it provides us with tremendous resources, it is also an absolutely perfect way to waste a lot of time.
- Would you rather complete the billing report for your boss or watch a video of kittens riding on the back of a goat? See?
Try out these seven simple methods and see how they can make a significant impact on your life and your productivity.
Keep your life simple and it will be easier to get through each day with a sense of accomplishment.
I found this article very interesting.This article is originally shared by Martina McGowan(Author).
Read more at