10 FACTS ABOUT PARENTING AND YOUR CHILD THAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT.
- Bet you didn’t know that babies can count before they can talk. So don’t try fooling them by playing with the number of apples while feeding them!
2. A two-year-old child is generally more active than at any other point in their life. It’s for this very reason that no matter how hard you try to run after your little toddler, you just cannot match his energy levels.
3. Little babies are already able to distinguish beauty traits; research from the University of Texas found babies prefer pretty faces to plain faces. So if you look like this parenting might just be a little bit easier for you.
4. Kids laugh on average 300 times each day while adults only laugh 60 times a day on average. Learn from them how they learn from you, laugh as much as them and tackling your problems might just be a little bit easier.
5. The average two-year-old manages to add around 5 new words to their vocabulary every day. By the time they turn three they add up to 1,825 new words to their little dictionary!
6. May babies are the heaviest. Babies born in May are about an average of 200 gms heavier than babies born in other months. However irrespective of the month they are born in, in a span of six months a baby’s weight tends to get doubled and in a span of one year it gets tripled! Perhaps this toddler had everything going on for him a little too soon.
7. The average dad takes one minute, thirty-six seconds to change a diaper. Whereas the average mom takes two minutes and five seconds. What could the reason be?
8. — Want to increase your chances of having twins? Then eat more yams like JoeJoe the Capybara. A tribe in Africa whose diet consists mostly of yams was recently found to have exceptionally high rates of twins and multiple births.
9. The average 4-year old will ask a total of 437 questions each day. Many of which are simply, “why?” Just like this baby asking ‘ Why are there two identical looking babies next to me’?
10. While the average chance of having a boy or a girl remains 50/50, the actual numbers don’t match. For every 100 girls born, there are 105 boys born. Another reason as to why female infanticide should further be discouraged.