GOB Roadmap Update: Sept 14, 2021
- The team has transferred the Lava Chad auction funds to Pranksy. He will be announcing the donation on his Twitter soon. See his post for details:
- The form below is for the community to participate in the $25,000 community charity choice:
COMMUNITY TOOLS DEVELOPMENT
- We want to encourage the community to comes up with ideas of how to improve the Goons community and ecosystem through various tools. We have allocated $25,000 to fund all projects and efforts to do so. Please use the Google Form below to submit ideas on community tools development:
- We are working to get on NFT20 and the initial review process has begun. This is expected to finish later this week and you’ll be able to get some liquidity on your NFTs without listing on the market!
- The most time-consuming and critical aspect of the game development process is the design. This includes the game client, web interface, and most importantly, the Goon Cards. We have been working closely with a few professional designers but it is still too early to showcase any of the work — things may change and we want to provide sneak peeks when it’s more concrete. Meanwhile, the game dev team has been fully put together, with a couple of additional backend members joining and so it’s full steam ahead from here on out!
GOON WEBSITE 2.0
Goon Web 2.0 will be released in two stages:
- 1st version (let’s call it v1.5), will have the addition of Goon Factory (full-body avatar creations), Goon Gallery and an interim web3 game. ETA: Early October
- 2nd version will be a complete design overhaul in time for the game release for Q1, 2022
INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY EXPANSION
- We have started working on expanding the awareness of the Goons to other international markets and will be focusing on hot markets such as Latin America, Spain, Brazil, Portugal, China, Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, and Russia to start with. We have set up international channels in our discord. If you are from one of the above communities and would like to help out with moderation or language-specific content, please get in touch with the team.
- The team is in discussions with two full-scale social media marketing agencies to take over the visual social media growth, including Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube, and Twitch
- Youtube/Twitch plans proposed are: a Lo-Fi music channel with live stream DJ appearances playing live sets as well as Speed Art and Derivative Design contests. We are working with a few members of an ex-FaZe team to deliver on this.
- The team has shifted away from lower-scale Twitter marketing to a larger-scale branding focus. Stay tuned for some big announcements over the next 2–8 weeks. Twitter marketing will continue as normal, however, we believe we found a way to reach out to much larger, untapped markets unexplored by other collections.
- Many of you have asked for sneak peeks. We understand and appreciate your eagerness and your enthusiasm. We will be sharing some previews during stages deemed appropriate.
- Starting in October, we will be launching our tech blog where the devs will be diving into the nitty-gritty to share with the community.
Follow the GOB project using the following useful links: