As everything becomes commodity, the trend over the next decade will be to create unique experiences in normally mundane interactions. This is another place where AI might offer us some help. Specifically, can we predict what little things will delight us and our clients?
Some areas we might see this:
- A robotic barista prints random messages in cappuccinos
- The “loading…” images are randomly generated characters
- Our mobile retail payments show up as the points we’ve earned right after the payment
- More chimes and music during transactions
- More personalized trinkets based on our social media interaction
Driving these will be feedback to the AI… does this unique experience lead to more sales or satisfaction?