8 Effective SEO Tactics to Drive your Small Business
Internet has offered a level playing ground to the business of all sizes to market their offerings to a diverse global audience. In order to be visible on the World Wide Web, however, a business website needs to index itself effectively on the search engines, which can be a bit appalling especially without the knowledge of SEO tactics to follow. So, we present you with a cheat-sheet for small businesses to create an effective online presence for themselves and become competitive in the online market over the time.
1)Find what matters to the search engines
The search engines function to direct its users to relevant results for their search queries. The relevance of a website as a result to the search queries is determined in terms of its content, performance, authority and user experience.
So, what matters to the search engine is:
- whether the content is relevant to the user search
- whether the content is useful for authoritative websites to cite the information available or use it as reference
- whether the site is performing well in terms of its functioning and speed, and
- whether the navigation of the website is user-friendly and its look and feel, appealing to the users.
2)Find an SEO-friendly domain name
The most important part of the digital infrastructure of your business website is its domain name. It goes without saying that it makes perfect sense to invest your time and effort for selecting the perfect domain name for your business website.
The most important factors for deciding the domain name of your business website are the ease and predictability of its spelling, use of keyword and the ability to be branded:
- Ease of spelling the domain name: The domain name of a business website should be short, easy to spell and easy to remember. Since the SEO of your website is still not in place, your users are more likely to search it based on your word of mouth. The spelling of your domain name should be thus, conducive to a hassle-free search.
- Use of keyword: Having a keyword you’re trying to rank your website for, used to be important earlier, but according to the Exact Match Domain (EMD) Update released by Google, it has not remained as important anymore. So, it is not something that should be stressed upon, while choosing a domain name.
Read full article on 8 Effective SEO tactics