The benefits of Industrial Automation
Is basically the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications with minimal or reduced human intervention.
Earlier the purpose of automation was to increase productivity (since automated systems can work 24 hours a day), and to reduce the cost associated with human operators (i.e. wages & benefits). However, today, the focus of automation has shifted to increasing quality and flexibility in a manufacturing process.
The advantages of Industrial Automation are lower operating cost: Industrial automation eliminates healthcare costs and paid leave and holidays associated with a human operator.
Further, industrial automation does not require other employee benefits such as bonuses, pension coverage etc. Above all, although it is associated with a high initial cost it saves the monthly wages of the workers which leads to substantial cost savings for the company.
Automation alleviates the error associated with a human being. Further, unlike human beings, robots do not involve any fatigue, which results in products with uniform quality manufactured at different times.
Adding automated data collection, can also allow you to collect key production information, improve data accuracy, and reduce your data collection costs. This provides you with the facts to make the right decisions when it comes to reducing waste and improving your processes.
1. Improve productivity and efficiency in your manufacturing operations with easily accessible plant floor data.
2. Remain safe with pleasant, ergonomic and effective guarding systems that don’t interfere with the work process.
3. Monitor, manage and control your energy costs resulting in a substantial return on investment.
4. Strengthen your Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), maximize production capability and significantly improve your bottom line.
5. Increase the quality of your finished goods with decisions made from comprehensive data analysis for process improvement.