Well… What the hell is 8dots?
So I’ve been reading up a lot about listicles. A listicle is “a piece of writing or content presented wholly or partly in the form of a list.”
- So without further ado, let’s get started.
- A listicle is basically a bunch of bullet points about any given topic. In this case, this listicle is about *surprise surprise*, 8dots.
- So what exactly is 8dots? It’s a new experimental publication that I’ve launched to write content in the form of listicles. But why listicles you may ask? Because lists are short, sweet and to the point.
- Listicles force you to synthesize your thought process down to its most basic essence, which basically makes it way easier for the reader to digest the information you’re trying to present.
But hang on, if listicles are supposed to be bullet points (which usually have single sentences), why does this listicle have bullet points with multiple sentences?
- Yes, usually bullet points have single sentences. And they also don’t end with periods. But, a listicle is not a list of bullet points (even though it’s presented that way.) A listicle is basically content being presented in a list, instead of say a paragraph.
So what should I expect from this publication then?
- Honestly, I can’t say for sure. My plan is to use this publication to put out all kinds of content: reviews, personal stories, musings, thoughts etc. Probably talk about how orange Donald Trump’s face actually is. That kind of stuff.
- Occasionally though, I expect there will be some long form content. I don’t know how, when or what it would merit, but I just imagine down the line if this publication takes off, I might be interested in writing my thoughts down in a more conventional format.