New “HealthTap Cloud” helps developers build interoperable, more engaging, and smarter health apps faster
HealthTap is democratizing access to infrastructure, content, data, and digital services worth hundreds of millions of dollars for large and small developers everywhere to speed up development, save costs, and create better apps.
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HealthTap, the world’s first Global Health Practice providing 24/7 immediate access to doctors and their knowledge via video, text, and voice, today unveiled HealthTap Cloud™, a first-of-its-kind development platform that enables health developers to build applications more efficiently and cost effectively.
HealthTap Cloud™ is powered by HOPES™, the world’s first Health Operating System. which connects the entire continuum of care to each person’s unique Personal Health Record (PHR). Advanced APIs and SDKs that help developers build highly personalized web, iOS, and Android apps are available with HealthTap Cloud™.
Key modules of the HealthTap Cloud include:
- Cross-Platform Telemedicine: Reinvent and evolve telemedicine services by embedding secure HD video/voice/text chat in iOS/Android/web apps. This facilitates communication between doctors, patients, translators, caregivers and more while seamlessly integrating with pharmacies, labs, and insurance companies.
- Big Data — Health Data Exchange: Instantly connect to unified health data (with explicit user permission) via an integrated, cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant and SOC2 Type II-certified PHR; securely read and write access across a full spectrum of electronic medical records (EMRs), apps, devices, and the Internet of Things (IoT); and use integrated authentication and a single identity management solution for all patients and providers
- Big Data—Population Health Insights: Benefit from real-time and historical analytics tools and services for large health datasets; and perform better predictive modeling, machine learning/AI, collaborative filtering, and personalization
- Clinical CRM: Efficiently and effectively engage patient populations for improved adherence and outcomes; author care protocol templates for any wellness or disease-management goal and tailor them for individual patients; automate reminders/follow ups, send personalized content, and respond in real time to adherence and device data with instantly reactive instructions and smart alerts for patients, caregivers, and providers
- Trusted Content: Tap into the world’s largest repository of doctor answers, tips, news, articles, medication reviews, and more, organized by the world’s most comprehensive natural-language health ontology and tagged with user attributes to power personalization
“The barrier to entry for building smart health applications could be dramatically lowered by HealthTap Cloud,” said Greg Badros, PhD, former engineering leader at Google and Facebook and an early investor in HealthTap.
“HealthTap Cloud promises developers instant interoperability, turnkey secure and private infrastructure, and easy access to doctor knowledge and population data that may save developers precious time and money as they design and deliver the next-generation of health apps to market.”
Participating developers come from a diverse range of institutions, including Fortune 500 employers, multinational payors, hospitals/health systems, government agencies, device/sensor manufacturers, and health app startups. Google, IBM, Flex, and iHealth are just a few of the companies collaborating with HealthTap on building with the HealthTap Cloud™. Additionally, Blockchain S.A. is working with the HealthTap Cloud team to create a new healthcare blockchain — foundational infrastructure for managing federated, trusted access to medical records securely between all parties in the private network, including hospitals, doctor practices, insurance companies, and app developers. Blockchain CEO Peter Smith observes that
“Until today, blockchain’s main application has been to trustfully transact cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Now, HealthTap and Blockchain are taking a concrete and significant step towards leveraging this concept to solve a longstanding issue in healthcare — trusted, secure access to medical records for all.”
“With the HealthTap Cloud™, we have built the integrated backbone for the healthcare solutions of the future,” said Sastry Nanduri, HealthTap co-founder and CTO.
“Our cloud-based, cross-platform system was built for handling billions of users at a global scale with an extensible technical architecture that allows for fast evolution while also meeting the world’s high standards for security and privacy with full HIPAA compliance and a SOC2-Type II certification. The fruits of many years of hard work and complex problem-solving by a team of top Silicon Valley engineers, doctors, and data scientists, are now being made readily available to the rest of the developer world to tackle the next generation of health technology challenges.”
“From our start HealthTap has been committed to building an engaging a vibrant community of top healthcare engineers and developers. We hosted the first digital health hackathon, Hacking4Health, in 2010 at our first office in downtown Palo Alto,” said Ron Gutman, Founder and CEO of HealthTap.
“The common denominator of the many talented developers who joined our community and helped us build the first Health Operating System over the years is their passion for helping people live healthier, happier, longer lives. We are thrilled to return to our roots, and give back to this vibrant community of super bright and compassionate healthcare developers by opening up our technology platform and inviting the best minds from all corners of the globe to tap into the HealthTap Cloud and join us in bringing affordable, high-quality healthcare to billions of people everyone.”
HealthTap is now accepting applications for the HealthTap Cloud™. To apply, visit https://developers.healthtap.com