Quotes on Life — Understanding Their Power
Whether we think of quotes about life and love, affirmations for improving self-confidence, or the piercing and uplifting words we read in an inspirational novel, we have to agree on one thing: when used correctly, words have the power to transform and improve our lives in ways we cannot even imagine at first.
The Power of Inspirational Quotes on Life
What makes short quotes about life, or even a simple word spoken at the right time, so powerful and uplifting at times? What really makes a difference is the power of pure, unhindered intent propelled through the strength and confidence of someone who has truly lived through the life lessons, spiritual experiences or deep understanding they talk about. Combined with the way in which words tend to touch our minds and hearts at so many different levels of understanding and consciousness, the power of certain quotes can lead us to discover new worlds within our very own beings — dimensions of our souls that we never even imagined could exist, together with the path to using their vast, enriching qualities for our own well-being, as well as that of others.
Empowering and Life Changing Quotes
If you’ve ever looked up one or two life changing quotes, you’ve probably already had firsthand experienced with the power of their words. While short and seemingly uneventful, these simple sentences often carry along a deep and enlightening meaning that goes straight to the core of the most common challenges, life lessons and difficulties we often struggle with. Consider the following selection of uplifting, short life quotes:
- “Challenges are what make life interesting, and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine;
- “Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.” — Denis Waitley;
- “Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.” — Anonymous;
- “Every man dies, not every man really lives.” — William Ross Wallace;
- “If you work without love, you are working like a slave. If you work with love, you work like an emperor. Your work is your joy, your work is your dance.” — Osho.
- “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive.” — Howard Thruman;
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with” — Dr. Wayne Dyer;
- “Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within” — James Baldwin.
Don’t you feel wiser and more empowered just having read these amazing pearls of wisdom? Life changing quotes are often more than just simple words that we hear one day, then forget the next. They stick with us, because they feel like a natural, true and exciting approach to life in a world that seems to be much darker and devoid of understanding than we are willing to admit. However, through the quotes about love and life that we read, all that darkness or hopelessness we may perceive on a daily basis can be subdued, revealing its true nature as a mere illusion.
Originally published at healthruwords.com on January 15, 2015.