Oh, hell no.
I’m descended from some deep south country folks (Bogans as near as I can translate into Aussie), and these sorts of delicacies were passed about regularly. I learned quickly when to just fill up on some biscuits (of the American sort).
On my list of foods that are offensive to nature and the world in general (I rarely eat meat these days, just kind of lost interest, so while I don’t find the taste of it offensive, in general, most of the vile foods on my list happen to be meat products):
- Potted meat
- Hearts of any sort
- Head cheese (sorry, heh)
- Raw onions of any sort including, but not limited to, shallots, green onions, scallions, chives, etc. I love love love garlic though.
- Chitlins, chitterlings, or basically anything that used to be an intestine.
- Sweet pickles (dill or go home!)
- Sour Cream and Onion chips
- French onion dip, even the smells makes me gag (this one is tough because it seems almost every single girl/woman I’ve ever been involved with loves this stuff and I have been, on more than a few occasions, ambush kissed shortly after it’s consumption… awkward…)
- Cole Slaw
- Ranch or Buttermilk or any comnbination of those two in a dressing.
- Salmon. I have my reasons and they are legit. :)
I just realized I could go on and on. :D