Salesforce Marketing Cloud CEO on the Importance of the Customer Journey
In a recent DMNews article about the State of Marketing, Scott McCorkle spoke to the importance of an integrated customer journey strategy.
“Customers no longer tolerate fragmented engagement across different channels.
All departments — sales, service, and marketing — are a part of the customer journey, and we expect 2015 will be the year that businesses connect the dots accordingly.
This means implementing a truly multichannel approach to personalize each customer engagement.” -Scott McCorkle, CEO, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Additional highlights from the article:
- Marketers intend to increase investments in email marketing, location-based mobile tracking, mobile apps, and social media advertising and marketing to create uniform customer journeys.
- 84% of respondents say that they plan to increase or maintain marketing budgets in 2015, with social and mobile marketing sitting atop the priorities list.
- 38% of marketers plan to shift spend from traditional mass advertising to advertising on digital channels.
- 68% of marketers say that they’ve integrated mobile into their overall marketing plans, a 20% rise from last year’s research.
- 65% — up from last year’s 33% — plan to spend more on mobile push notifications, and 58% now have a dedicated mobile marketing team, which is up from 23% last year.
- 57% of respondents consider mobile apps imperative to achieving the uniform customer journey.
Check out the complete 2015 State of Marketing report for detailed findings separated by B2B, B2C, and a number of countries and regions.