It is that time of the year when love is in the air. Yes, it is Valentine’s day; the day when lovers spend quality time together exchanging their feelings and love for each other.
If you are one such person who is cracking the brain over how to celebrate Valentine’s day, we are here to help you out. Whether you are an adventure geek, a foodie or a romantic at heart, you are sure to find something interesting in this wonderland.
What is Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day or St Valentine’s Day is a feast day celebrated by the Christians in the western countries to honor saints named Valentinus. The day is celebrated on February 14 thall over the world as the day of lovers.
There are various stories associated with this special day. In Rome, this day is celebrated to commemorate the martyrdom of Saint Valentine, who was imprisoned and executed for performing the wedding of soldiers.
It is believed that around 18 th-century couples began to exchange flowers, greetings and confectionaries for expressing their love for each other. This is considered to be the beginning of Valentine’s day celebration.
How is Valentine’s Day Celebrated in Dubai?
Since Valentine’s day is purely a Western concept, the day is not celebrated with a lot of zeal and enthusiasm in Dubai. But still, lovers get together on this special day. To make their day extra special various celebrations are organized by hotels, resorts, and other private venues.
How to Celebrate Valentine’s Day Weekend in Dubai?
In 2020, Valentine’s day falls on a weekend. Thus, there is ample scope for celebration. The various restaurants, hotels and other entertainment avenues are geared up to celebrate Valentine’s day weekend.
Here are some exciting ways you can celebrate Valentine’s day in Dubai
1. Dine out: For Dubai residents dining out is a part of their life. Whatever the occasion is, having a delicious dinner at one of the fine dining restaurants is a way of life.
A few of the restaurants that offer a special treat for Valentine’s day are Fogo De Chao at Central Park Towers at DIFC, Palazzo Versace on the shores of Dubai Creek, Nuevo restaurant at Premier Inn Dragon Mart and Brambles at Barsha height.
For delectable Italian cuisine, you can visit Luigia, Rixos Premium JBR, The Shore at Palm Jumeirah, or the beach house at Anantara Resort and Spa.
2. Go Partying: The various nightclubs and hotels in Dubai host special Valentine’s day party for both couples and individuals. You can party the whole night with dance, music, food, and beverage. Themed decoration and the jazzy atmosphere of the party halls set the right mood for celebration.
For this year’s Valentine’s day, Cavalli Club Dubai will be hosting a Friday Roman Night with unlimited drink, music, and dance.
3. Go for a cruise ride: There is nothing more romantic, like going on a cruise ride with your beloved one. The candlelight dinner, and the soft romantic music aboard the cruise and the beautiful Dubai skyline is sure to set the right mood for Valentine’s day.
Xclusive Yachts is offering a special Dinner cruise for Valentine’s day with candlelight dinner, music, and five-star service. Rayna tours offer a 2-hour cruise in Dubai Marina with international buffet dinner, unlimited soft drink, and juices, special heart-shaped cake accompanied by live romantic music.
4. Relax at a spa: If your idea of Valentine’s day celebration is complete relaxation, why not head over to a spa? Various spas in Dubai offer special Valentine’s day deal for couples.
The Waldorf Astoria Spa offers a luxury body polishing, a bespoke massage followed by a private jacuzzi session. At Anantara Dubai, you can enjoy a stress-busting massage followed by an Anantara Milk bath. The Sensasia spa offers a honey-based body polish followed by warm milk, honey, and black sesame and almond oil wrap.
5. Check-in at the Dubai Miracle Garden: If you are not for a nighttime celebration, then you can head over to the Dubai Miracle Garden with your special person. The stunning and vibrant flowers and beautiful structures make a perfect backdrop for Valentine’s day photoshoot. You can even take a stroll amongst the beautiful flowers and spend some quality time together.
6. Go for a Romantic beach walk: This is the perfect time of the year to take a beach walk. You can have a relaxing time at the Burj beach, JBR beach, kite beach or sunset beach. The beach stroll can be followed by a romantic dinner at any of the high-end restaurants in Dubai.
7. Experience the desert life: If both of you are adventure geeks and want to spend time outdoors, then you can plan a desert safari. The four-wheel-drive in the sand dunes and the camel ride is sure to fascinate you. You can enjoy the Bedouin camp, henna art, belly dancing, and the authentic Arabic cuisine and make your Valentine’s day a memorable one.
8. Spend time at home: If you are that kind of a person who does not like the party life of Dubai, you can very well spend some quality time at home with your lover. Deck up your home in Valentine’s theme with red balloons and roses. You can cook together or order food from outside and catch up on some romantic movies. HiGuests offers a wide range of accommodation suitable for a perfect weekend getaway.
Whichever way you plan to celebrate this special day, make sure that you plan the day ahead of time. Being a weekend, the day is likely to be busier than the previous years. If you plan to dine out in a restaurant, go for a cruise ride or experience the desert life, book your slot at least a week ahead.
Similarly, gifts should be planned and purchased ahead of time. After all, nobody likes the last-minute rush on this special day!!
WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Originally published at https://higuests.com.