Write About My Cat and Win Fame and Money
I teamed up with Reedsy for their weekly Short Story Contest. The topic? My cat.
This is a Public Service Announcement:
I teamed up with Reedsy, a publishing startup home to a community of over 40,000 authors and publishing professionals, for their weekly Short Story Contest, where you can win $50 and be featured on their blog.
Until FatFace, felines were of no interest to me. They seemed too aloof — too independent. When I nursed this lil’ street cat back to health after years of malnourishment and bad dental hygiene, I fell in love. She and I are now two peas in a pod and inseparable. I mean, look at that picture above. I LOVE HER SO FRIGGIN’ MUCH.
But enough of FatFace and I. Here’s how you can easily win $50 and have fun in the process.
I created five writing prompts for this week’s Short Story Contest. You choose one of the prompts, write a short story (1,000–3,000 words) and I will select a winner AND GIVE THEM 50 BRAND SPANKING NEW DOLLARS.
Here are the prompts to choose from:
- Your feral mother has just given birth to you an alley. You are seeing the world for the very first time
- Your feral mother has left you to fend for yourself on the streets and you encounter your first human
- A human has taken you in and you experience a warm, loving home for the first time
- In the closet of your new home is a portal through space and time. You accidentally travel to Mars
- You are a space kitty, traveling from planet to planet. You write a letter home and this is what it says
I can’t wait to read your stories!