Madden 17: 5 Formations Where WR Speed Boosting is Still Possible
What’s up guys, this is going to be a super quick write up highlighting some formations where you are still able to get your WR/TE a speed boost off the line of scrimmage through using motion. This can be very helpful in attacking the seams, getting high-point routes out into the middle of the field quickly, getting a receiver across the field on a crossing route, and many more.
5 Formations where this is still possible:
- Gun Bunch Wk: Motion the TE across the formation, snap when he begins to get set. This formation can be found in many different playbooks across the game!
- Pistol Wing Trips TE: Motion the wing TE outside and snap when he begins to get set. This formation can only be found in the Pistol playbook!
- Singleback Jumbo Heavy: Motion the left of screen TE (or WR if you are using the WR Wing package) into the backfield and then back into his original spot and snap as he begins to get set. Note that although this formation is symmetrical, this will only work with the TE/WR on the left side of the screen and not the right. This formation can only be found in the Run Balanced playbook!
- Gun Eagle H Tight: Flip the formation to get the solo receiver on the right side of the field. Motion him to the inside and snap as he begins to get set. Note that this formation must be flipped in order for this to work; if the solo receiver is on the left side of the formation then he will not receive the same motion animation as he would if he were on the right. This formation is in many different playbooks under different names.
- Gun Tight Offset TE: Motion the TE on the right of the formation across to the left side and snap as he begins to get set. This formation can only be found in the Los Angeles Rams and New Orleans Saints playbooks!
These are just five instances of being able to get speed boosts through using motion. These are by no means the only formations in which this is possible, for example another one that I did not mention is Pistol Strong Slot out of the Jets playbook. Motion the FB out to the right and then back into the backfield and snap as he is getting set to achieve the same animation. Definitely go through your playbook and learn all of the different motion patterns of the formations that you use regularly to see what you can find!