A Year of Growth in HubSpot’s Platform Ecosystem: More Than 200 Awesome Integrations
Over the past year, HubSpot’s platform ecosystem has more than doubled in size, empowering customers with a wide range of innovative features and services
By Scott Brinker, VP of Platform Ecosystem at HubSpot
Over the past 12 months, there’s been remarkable momentum with HubSpot’s platform.
We’ve been delighted to welcome more than 100 new technology partners this year, more than doubling the size of our platform ecosystem. More than 48,000 HubSpot customers now have access to an incredible array of specialized capabilities that they can easily add to their growth stack, such as:
- Event marketing and management, including registration and site operations
- Account-based marketing (ABM) advertising, analytics, and personalization
- Direct mail automation, from postcards to on-demand swag like t-shirts
- SMS and MMS text messaging in workflows and sales
- Professional services automation (PSA) for integrated project management
- Loyalty and rewards programs and data integration with offline sales
- Interactive content, such as quizzes, assessments, calculators, and more
- Sophisticated configure/price/quote (CPQ) solutions
- AI-powered analysis of sales calls with recommended follow-ups
- Ecommerce marketing tools, from cart abandonment to personalized coupons
- Video production, content production, and even call representatives on-demand
And that’s barely scratching the surface.
In addition to net new capabilities, we’ve reinforced our commitment to maintaining an open platform that also welcomes products that overlap in some way with HubSpot’s own solutions. For instance, we were thrilled to have companies such as Intercom, Oktopost, and Typeform integrate with our platform this summer.
Friendly coopetition — even if we compete in some ways, we cooperate in others — is great for customers because it gives them the flexibility to use any mix of products they prefer and enjoy the benefits of them working better together.
When our joint customers succeed, we all succeed.
We’ve also made progress helping partners better leverage our go-to-market channels for their own products. For instance, we launched the Apps for Agency Services program in the spring to help technology partners and services partners collaborate more closely on joint customer opportunities.
The majority of our diamond and platinum agency partners joined this program within its first 90 days. There are already success stories of these collaborations that are being shared at this year’s Partner Day at INBOUND. (This was the first year that both technology partners and services partners are coming together for a combined event, and we’re excited about the connections they will make with each other.)
Each of these programs have resulted in significant upticks in integration installs for their respective customer segments.
This has been our North Star metric for the platform this year: combined partner success and customer success measured by installed — and retained — partner products.
By the way, speaking of partner success this past year, we’re excited to see a number of our platform partners featured on the recent 2018 Inc. 5000 list of the fastesting growing private companies — measured in revenue growth over the past three years — in the US:
- CallRail ($19.8 million, 531% growth)
- Ceros ($8.8 million, 321% growth)
- Conversica ($27.7 million, 232% growth)
- Madison Logic ($54.2 million, 106% growth)
- PandaDoc ($8.6 million, 604% growth)
- SnapEngage ($5.9 million, 62% growth)
We’re still early in our journey as a platform company, but we are inspired by the momentum of this past year and enthusiastic about the next year ahead.