Foundry Fellows in the News and Making News: Recent Speaking & Events
Our Foundry Fellows are recognized emerging experts in tech law and policy. With the support of Foundry resources and networks, Fellows frequently speak at conferences (often with other Fellows as co-panelists), give lectures, and organize events.
Below is a curated selection of recent Fellow speaking and event appearances from the last few months. They’ve also been publishing articles, driving new projects, and winning awards. If you are a similarly driven, innovative tech law and policy professional, we encourage you to apply to join us!
Remember: it’s not too late to apply to join the next class of ILP Foundry Fellows. You could be in this list next year. Applications due Sept. 9!
Foundry Fellows — Recent Speaking & Events
- Miranda Bogen moderated a panel on Capitol Hill on online radicalization and social media
- Hibah Hussain spoke at an event at the United Nations around the High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development on the role of technology in facilitating global development.
- Sarah Jeong spoke at an event in San Francisco organized by Mule Design Studio on copyright, software, and Oracle v. Google.
- Teri Karobonik and Hannah Poteat spoke at the San Francisco Bar program IP BYTES: Hot Topics in Privacy Law.
- Amanda Levendowski presented on “Countering Intimate Partner Abuse and Surveillance” at the Internet Law Works-in-Progress Conference.
- Amanda Levendowski was invited to workshop her online conflict modeling project at the University of Washington.
- Amanda Levendowski will be a guest on This Week in Law, Episode 356.
- Tiffany Li was a featured guest on This Week in Law, Episode 353: “I Fought The Pokemon And The Law Won.”
- Tiffany Li and Rena Coen had papers discussed at the invitation-only Privacy Law Scholars Conference, where Amanda Levendowski was also an invited participant.
- Hannah Poteat organized a Mozilla Privacy Lab event, hosted by Github in San Francisco.
- Alla Seiffert spoke at the Intelligence Community Innovation Conference.
- Alla Seiffert presented on “Bringing Agile to Government Project Management” at the UMD Project Management Symposium.
- Ali Sternburg was a guest on This Week in Law, Episode 351: “Stairway to Court”
- Veronica Torres led the ILP Foundry Star Party & Astronomy Night.
- Gabriella E. Ziccarelli was a featured panelist on the American Intellectual Property Law Association’s “Being CEO of My Own Career” webinar.
- Several Foundry Fellows — Svetlana Matt, Alla Seiffert, and Ali Sternburg — organized a Foundry team for the Lawyers Have Heart 5K.
- A team with four Foundry Fellows — Deborah Goldman, Bijan Madhani, Chelsea Reckell, and Ali Sternburg — won first place at the Foundry’s Internet Law & Policy Trivia Night.
- Camille Stewart and Gabriella E. Ziccarelli were featured on Redefining Revolutions Podcast discussing “Building a Balance Tech Industry” Episode 2 May 24, 2016.
- Camille Stewart was featured on “Women of Washington,” Federal News Radio 1500AM, May 30, 2016