How to remove Trustedsurf.com hijacker
Trustedsurf.com is a hijacker, and this hijacker was very active for last few weeks. I received a dozen of requests about the Trustedsurf.com removal guide, and here it is. Hijackers are another kind of advertising oriented software, they manipulate your browser and try to get you to advertised sites. The most dangerous hijackers try to make a fake websites of banks, redirect people there, and type their accounts logins and passwords. But, luckily, this one can’t do this. Trustedsurf.com just shows you ads and spams it all around a browser. It replaces your pre-set search engine, changes a homepage, and replaces the results of your searches with suspicious websites. What is it for? Just for a counter. Such programs provide traffic to third-grade websites, and receive money for it. Redirected user might even buy something there, and lose not only time but also money.
The first thing to do is to remove Trustedsurf.com from Control Panel
Here’s an instruction for Windows 7. It’s still the most widespread OS, and I use it too. So, you should delete all suspicious programs. Actually, all reliable programs have proper information in all fields. So, if the fields “name” and “developer” are blank, or contain pointless symbols — the program is malicious. When you find the suspicious program in CP — don’t hurry. Firstly, open the Task Manager and search for the process with the same name, and open the file location of the process. There you could see, will the folder be removed or not.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Uninstall a program
2. In the Currently installed programs box, click the program’s name, and then click Change or Change/Remove.
3. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to make the changes that you want.
Repeat all these operations for every suspicious software, that you’ll find in Control Panel
The second step is to remove Trustedsurf.com from your browser
And again, I will show the way to remove Trustedsurf.com from the most popular and effective browser — Google Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome browser, click Menu (Customize and Control Google Chrome)
2. Select More tools > Extensions. Left-click on Extensions.
3. On the Trustedsurf.com, click Remove from Chrome
4. A notice to remove the extension will appear. Click Remove.
These measures will help you to completely remove Trustedsurf.com and all its components from your computer. If you’ve encountered any difficulties — please feel free to visit my main website, and read the full article about how to remove Trustedsurf.com.