Investigate, Practice now Action — 2014 to 2016….
You may or may not have seen the above, but the world of Social changed back during 2010 to 2012 and many of the Key Influencers saw this and started to adapt but…..
The big issue is that many didn’t and just jumped on board the so-called “Social Media” train and became experts over night…..
The Key Influencers and Educators saw this change around this period and started to plan ahead to make sure they were ready for the changes that would explode at any minute and sure enough, BOOM — 2014 appeared with lots of explosions….
If you have following and engaging with the people, you will have seen over the course of 2015, many people have been talking “theory in to practice” and “time for action in 2016” — the reason being is that the underlying trend is that:-
- 2014 was the year of Investigation and research as to what was happening in the world of Social….
- 2015 was the year of Practice and testing to see what was happening, how this worked, how this or that audience reacted and what the market could actual deliver…..
- 2016 is the year of taking 2014 and 2015 and putting all this in to action!
Whilst many people in the marketing and digital marketing world are still all talking about making sure your website is in place, your website is helped by SEO, your marketing campaign is ready, email marketing is on the rise, etc, etc but these last two years are showing two main key opposites!
- Firstly, the likes of Google, IBM and Microsoft have launched their own Inbox filters to either detect and remove what it believes to be Junk email so you don’t get to see in your Inbox plus, many people are endeavouring to move away from email to use Messaging App’s, Meessaging within Platforms, facilities like e-tickets via App’s, etc, so the need for email and printing of email is done away! Thus meaning the user can use their Mobile Device for what they need.
- Secondly, the world of Instant came to the forefront and this is going to be really big during 2016.
Whilst email won’t disappear over night during 2016, the usage will drop as people migrate more into messaging and Instant rises to dominate in so many ways….
We all saw what could be offered by Google Glass with video and possible live streaming, and then the rise of Snapchat. This was then taken to the next level with Vine, then Meerkat, then Periscope, then Blab and now we are seeing the ability to provide live video streaming via Facebook too!
So, whilst Twitter is offering live/instant tweeting with the addition of photos and videos, Snapchat is able provide messages that can disappear within seconds or stories for upto 24 hours and now we have the ability to live stream - people are wanting things instantly or via replay!
Thus, during 2016, the Investigation and Practice during 2014–2015 will turn into Action and you need to be ready for it!
If like me when you go out to work, the time of taking a briefcase, wallet and money has now been replaced by the laptop bag and out of work time when we have switched off (or try to as with working and the smartphone is also now your mobile office!) I only need my Smartphone when I go out!
Why the Smartphone?
Simple, it’s my camera, camcorder, phone, computer and my wallet — why do I need anything else?
The smartphone is my #NewWayToWork and provides everything I need and require but the question is…..
Are you and your business ready to do business with me and smartphone?
So, with Instant being the #NewWayToWork are you ready for this and #TheSocialFamily?
Plus to discover more on how the right strategy can help you and your company lay the foundations for bringing the family of “Social” into your company as well bringing the future instantly into your business, feel free to contact myself to help take you forward into the world of the“The Social Family”….
Ian Calvert provides a range of Services whilst being a Brand Ambassador, Brand Advocate, Brand Evangelist and Social Business partner for many companies not just in the UK but Globally too.
Thus, by keeping ahead of the game, Ian Calvert can help leverage and build the foundations for bringing both you and your company into 2018/2020 today.
To discover more, feel free to contact via his website here.