Quality Norms You Should Be Aware of While Switching From PSD to HTML
It’s a well-known fact that the success of an online business depends immensely on how prudently it’s website is being developed and designed. As more and more people are dependent on web for the information gathering, developing a professional site has become a necessity. For the development of an astonishing website, businesses are relying heavily on PSD to HTML conversion process, thus getting a truly unique website with maximum conversion potential.
However, while going through the process, there are some quality standards you can get the knowledge of to make your migration from PSD to HTML a profitable decision. You should have a better understanding of what is PSD? What is HTML? And, what should be the level of conversion? What benefits it should guarantee you? This article intends to answer all your questions highlighting the key considerations you need to know to get your site up and running.
Defining the Valid HTML Code First
Being a highly reliable markup language, HTML continues to evolve incredibly in its own way. It is therefore has become crucial that the given code should be set with some rules to fundamentally pass some sort of filtering browser is actually responsible for. An HTML code with lots of errors will make it difficult for the search engines to index the content on a website. The search engine crawlers checks for only those websites which are developed using basic HTML standards and then only allow your website to be index with the necessary parameters.
So, to steer clear the negative consequences of invalid code, here are some points which you need to keep in mind while going to develop your dream website.
But, consider the below mentioned points first:
- Google considers only those websites valid which are developed using clean HTML codes.
- A valid HTML coded website reduces the time taken for it to load
- It also becomes easier for the site owner to maintain their website and future proof it from any browser update, as an HTML coded website works well on all kinds of modern browsers.
Below is a list of certain quality norms you can pay attention to while structuring your HTML powered website
1) Overall Code Quality Check
- This checks the accuracy of content according to its placement on certain pages. This ensures that the content is relevantly divided into pages and that too in the suitable format.
2) Relevancy of Code
- Here one needs to ensure whether a certain level of pixel-perfect quality has been achieved or not.
- Keep a check whether the PSD file is converted well into the HTML coded webpage. You may also check that is has been converted in PSD to responsive HTML file or not.
3) Browser Compatibility
- Apart from developing a website, you must strive and put efforts to attract traffic to your site. Therefore, keep a check whether your website is compatible with multiple browsers.
4) SEO Compliant
- Without having a proper SEO management, it is extremely difficult for you to expand your customer reach. Therefore, you must ensure whether your site is developed using SEO-friendly techniques.
The above mentioned are some key points to articulate the accuracy and quality of your conversion process. However, there are a lot more points apart from what have been mentioned here, but these are basic which shouldn’t be ignored in any case.