Treat People Like Dogs
A Dog Owner’s Guide to Human Relationships.
The key to successful relationships with dogs is to be our authentic self and establish our role as their pack leader. Dogs are instinctual and respond to a person’s energy, state of mind, emotions, and demeanor. Cesar Millan uses the 5 Natural Dog Laws to explain how and why dogs behave as they do.
Not surprisingly, people behave in much the same way…on an intuitive/instinctual level. We have the ability to communicate verbally, unlike dogs, though we will often choose not to. These principles could be a great way to improve human relationships.
1. Instinct — Dogs live in the moment and respond to their environment in the here-and-now. When approaching your dog aggressively and quickly, he may cower and pull away. We need not say a word and our dog will react to our mood. When we are calm, they are calm. When we are not, they are unsettled and uneasy.
a. With our human relationships — Humans are very perceptive when something ‘feels off’. There could be something about a coworker that creates unrest or unease in the office. Or an individual who may have a calming presence and puts others at ease. So, how do you get in that calm space?
i. Action — Get in alignment. You have a built-in system to access intuitive messages that allow you to respond to your environment in the present moment. Take a moment and consciously choose to be aligned with your intuition. Then, take guided action.
2. Energy — Dogs may respond to a word, but they are picking up on intention, or energy, more than the word itself. This is evidenced by dogs who learn to follow unspoken commands. The intention is clear. Words are not needed. How does that relate to us?
a. With our human relationships — This would be experienced through indecision. We will sit in indecision, refusing to choose effectively and stop any forward movement we could have. Friends and family may become frustrated and irritable because of our mood and begin associating us with the indecision and struggle we are feeling. Words are no longer necessary. They will easily perceive our mood when we call or are around them. How do you clear your mood?
i. Action — Become willing. Stay committed to your decision to feel aligned and follow through on the intuitive messages you receive. This will keep your intention, energy and mood clear to your dog and animal relationships.
3. Animal, Species, Breed, then Name — This is the order in how dogs see themselves — as animals first. Cesar explains this to mean they live for survival, in the moment, and they communicate with energy. As humans, we see ourselves in the exact opposite order. We lead with our name, then our ‘breed’ which is akin to our nationality or race, then our species of Homo Sapiens and then finally, if we remember, we are also animals.
a. For our human relationships — Spirit, Mind, Body. The order matters here too. ‘Spirit first’ is taught in Embracing Your Truth. Doing this creates a life free of pain, struggle and fear. This opens up possibilities that our minds alone are not able to conceive. How do you get in Spirit?
i. Action — Get organized. Make the conscious decision to put Spirit first and open yourself up to intuitive messages that will guide your life easily and happily.
4. Senses = Reality — Dogs experience their environment through smell, sight, and sound. Again, in that order. They rely on their sense of smell first. Most humans will rely on sight first, then touch, sound and the last sense of importance is smell.
a. For our human relationships — Understanding our ‘circuit’ is knowing how we receive our intuitive messages. We either Hear, Know, Feel, or See our intuitive messages first. An example is you look at someone and ‘see’ that something is off, or you ‘hear’ the tone of their voice and you have a lot of information about them in that moment. See more detailed examples in a previous blog. How do you utilize YOUR circuit?
i. Action — Take the course Embracing Your Truth. Get your circuit and start practicing receiving messages in the most optimal way for you.
5. Dogs are social pack animals — Dogs want to be around others. When we take on caring for a dog, they want to be a part of our pack too. There is a hierarchy and structure. Each member of the pack has a role.The middle positions in the pack are mediators that maintain the stability as a whole. They settle down dogs that display unstable energy, keeping the pack stable throughout. What is the social stability for humans?
a. For our human relationships — These are our partners and collaborators. They are our pack. These are the people we turn to for advice, support and accountability to ensure we are on track with our desires. Each person has a role and responsibility that contributes to our success. Having unstable energy within our pack decreases the effectiveness of our ability to achieve goals. How do you ‘get your pack’?
i. Action — Get your partners and collaborators on board. You need 2 partners and 8 collaborators to help you. Talk to both of your partners (usually your significant other and a sibling). Tell them and your collaborators what you want to achieve and how they can support you. Agree on what their support looks like and then follow through on those agreements.
While these are not the only tools available at Intuitive Development, they are a good start to being your authentic self with both your dog and human relationships. To continue your development, register for either the Journey to Success or the Client Success Plan. Both will deliver the guided course material and support to help you become who you’ve always dreamed of being.
Amy is a believer that all people have the ability to tap into their intuition. She is continually developing her own intuitive abilities and encouraging others to explore their own gifts. Amy writes for and manages the blog at Intuitive Development. She creates the weekly eLetter that provides practical and tangible intuitive resources for everyday life. You can connect with Amy through Intuitive Development’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
To connect with Intuitive Development and your inner-self visit our website: www.intuitivedevelopment.org