- Businesses are investing heavily in the Internet of Things (IoT) while remaining cautious about investments in artificial intelligence (AI), reveals the Constellation Research 2017 Digital Transformation Study.
- Nearly half of respondents of the Constellation 2017 Digital Transformation Survey said their organization either had an established IoT strategy with applications in production (19 percent) or have pilot projects underway (28 percent).
- Constellation Research Digital Transformation in the era of AI Growing demand for the IoT and AI is expected to drive large investment in SaaS/cloud and big data technology.
- Constellation polled respondents on their organizations’ awareness and adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), synchronous ledger technology (blockchain), big data, and cloud technology.Highlights from the Study Charging ahead with IoT: Nearly half of respondents say their organization either had an established IoT strategy with applications in production or have pilot projects underway.Cautious about AI for now: Just 25 percent of executives say they were investing in AI.Blockchain remains enigmatic: Less than 20 percent of respondents have invested in blockchain or synchronous ledger technologies (SLT).
- Appetite for cloud and big data grow to support digital transformation: 75 percent of respondents will increase investment in big data.
@TamaraMcCleary: “#AI and the #IoT will drive #DigitalTransformation through 2020 via @ZDNet” open tweet »