- K9 Kasper is recovering after being shot in the side when deputies with the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office exchanged gunfire with a wanted stick-up man who was killed, Fox 13 Tampa reports.
- “During the gunfire, PBSO K9 Kasper was shot while protecting his handler,” the sheriff’s office said in a Facebook post that included a photo of the wounded dog on a veterinarian’s operating table.
- Deputies say Phillip O’Shea, 46, was wanted in connection with an early morning hold-up at a West Palm Beach bar.
- About 13 hours later, three deputies spotted O’Shea in Jupiter, the Palm Beach Post reported.
- Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said O’Shea lived in West Palm Beach and had an extensive criminal history.
@RealJamesWoods: “Bomb-sniffing dog who has protected Trump struck by bullet meant for deputy // These little creatures are so amazing” open tweet »