- One advantage the Amazon Echo Dot has had over the taller, full-fat Amazon Echo is its ability to pair with external Bluetooth speakers — but that’s no longer the case.
- Amazon has rolled out an update that will let you connect your Echo tower to any Bluetooth speaker you like.
- The Echo Dot’s speaker has much less punch, so if you do use it for music streaming, chances are you’re already pairing it with another speaker.
- The smart home device has been a bigger hit than many would have anticipated, leaving Google on the back foot.
- Google Home is getting better though, and this year promises to be big for companies battling it out over voice control in the smart home.
@thedavedev: “Finally, the #AmazonEcho works with your Bluetooth speakers | Wearable #IoT #SmartHome” open tweet »