- For one, HaLow’s frequency band of operation is different from the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands used for WiFi network access.
- As a result, a 802.11ax AP does not require a separate radio for IoT like HaLow does.
- These features mean that 802.11ax can offer the same benefits as HaLow for client power consumption and complexity.
- Overall, 802.11ax is better suited than HaLow for local range IoT.
- HaLow may never see much light of the day, whereas 802.11ax could become the de-facto WiFi standard alongside BLE and ZigBee for home, enterprise and other indoor IoT applications.
@evankirstel: “For #IoT over #WiFi, 802.11ax is the New HaLow #wireless #networks” open tweet »