- Android Things is still in preview, and a final version of the OS hasn’t been released.
- Google strengthens Android relationship with Intel in IoT
- Android Things is also one way for Google battle Microsoft’s Windows 10 IoT Core, Ubuntu’s Snappy Core, and other Linux-based embedded OSes.
- Putting Android Things in more devices will help Google effectively compete with Amazon’s Alexa, the voice-assistant technology that is being used in more gadgets and home appliances.
- But it could also be overkill for Android Things, which can also work on work on sensor devices that require only basic processors like Quark on Intel’s Edison.
@evankirstel: “#Google strengthens #Android relationship with #Intel in #IoT @Inteliot @IntelITCenter” open tweet »