- Theoretically at least, smart cities can fundamentally change our lives at many levels such as less pollution, garbage, parking problems and more energy savings.
- Whatever the stage the smart city implementation is at globally, big data and the Internet of Things (IoT) have the power to drive the implementation.
- Big data and the IoT are going to work with other software and hardware to lead the vision of smart city to fruition.
- This will result in a lot of energy savings.The example of Songdo above has already given some ideas on how can big data and IoT contribute to smart city development.
- So, batteries on mobile devices will last more and there will lesser need to charge the devices frequently.The above list is by no means exhaustive and has been provided for illustration only.The graphic below nicely sums up the impact big data can have in building smart cities.
@andi_staub: “How #bigdata Helps Build #smartcities #IoT #Sustainability #Insurtech #fintech” open tweet »