- You may have seen or heard advertisements from internet providers that claim you can download an entire TV show in just three seconds with speeds up to 1 Gbps (gigabits per second).
- As Clark explained on the radio show, the problem is that existing routers can’t produce a strong enough signal to provide the level of speed that comes with these plans.
- You can go to SpeedTest.net to check the speed of your connection, both wired and wireless.
- I recently used information from this free test to negotiate a lower rate with my current internet provider for speeds up to 50 Mbps, which is fine for streaming Netflix and Hulu without any buffering.
- If you think your broadband internet connection is still too slow after reviewing the test results from SpeedTest.net, here are a few suggestions from Consumer Reports: Shopping for a new router?
@ClarkHoward: “How to improve the #Wifi signal throughout your home #data #IoT #clarkyourlife” open tweet »