- You can click Deep Scan to take a look at devices on your network and see if BullGuard’s scanner can find any security issues.
- The service checks to see if any of your devices are on Shodan , a search engine that lets anyone find Internet of Things devices like cameras, printers, and thermostats that are publicly accessible on the internet.
- The company also has an IoT consumer guide with three basic tips for securing your network that anyone should do regardless of whether they have smart devices at home or not: Set a password on your smartphone, change the default password for your router’s administration features, and change your Wi-Fi network password from the default.
- The downside, BullGuard warns, is that a deep scan may cause vulnerable devices to be listed on Shodan.
- How to quickly check that your home IoT devices are secure
@macworld: “How to quickly check that your home IoT devices are secure.” open tweet »