- The promise of the Internet of Things will pull almost every consumer company to create a networked product line.
- In this new world, consumers will face increased pressure to manage effective security and privacy protocols.
- The more companies from which each consumer buys a product will increase the burden, unless the seamless integration of security and privacy, firmware updates and persistent power supply becomes the responsibility of the company.
- I would suggest that for security and privacy of the Internet of Things to be most effective and consumer confidence to be high is to move to a subscription model.
- A subscription model overcomes the need for duct tape and gives consumers comfort enough to allow the trade of data for service.
@DavidOro: “Rent, don’t buy the IoT #IIoT #IoT #IoE #InternetOfThings” open tweet »