- Algorithmic sorting of Stories has propelled Snap copycat Instagram Stories to 200 million daily active users in 10 months — more than Snapchat’s whole app.
- Above the Instagram feed, you see the Stories of friends — not ranked by who posted most recently, but by who you care about most.
- This sorting also enables Instagram Stories to employ auto-advance, showing one friend’s photos and videos after another in a constant stream.
- Compare that with the experience on Snapchat, and the fact that its growth rate declined by 82% to a trickle after Instagram Stories launched makes sense.
- Snapchat shows you the big list of Stories from people you follow in reverse-chronological order.
@craigbrownphd: “Snapchat is stifled by its un-algorithmic feed #5G #IoT #mobile” open tweet »