- Global Positioning System (GPS), Wi-Fi, Li-Fi, Near Field Communication (NFC), and Beacon technologies help businesses target a specific audience, boost consumption, as well as increase customer loyalty.
- A use case: Banks can simply transmit special offers via their ATM machines, but chain stores can create entire promotional quests for their customers.
- As the customer will be approaching those stores, a GPS-enabled mobile app will detect them and reward with a discount coupon.
- A use case: As gallery visitors stop under the light bulb in front of the painting for a while, see the Li-Fi sticker on the wall and take out their phone, they will be able to instantly get additional information on that very piece of art in their mobile app.
- A use case: To prove their identity to a hotel restaurant or a room service worker, a guest can simply use their mobile device.
@craigbrownphd: “The 2017 Guide to Location-Based Technologies for Businesses #IoT #Cloud #BigData” open tweet »