As a social media manager, I spend a lot of time online and I am always looking for apps that make my workflow more productive and efficient. I try out new apps all the time and here are 7 apps that I use every day in my business.
1. Google Drive: I save all my documents and photos in Google Drive. I love that I can access all my documents even when I am out and about and don’t have my laptop with me.
2. Pocket: Pocket is a very useful tool which lets you save articles in one place. So, if I come across an article whilst browsing Facebook and I think that I would like to use on one of my social media accounts or I want to read it later, I can save it in Pocket. I have integrated Pocket and IFTT (a third party website that lets you connect different websites or apps) so all those saved Pocket articles are saved in a spreadsheet in Google Drive. Brilliant to have all the content in one place!
3. For content creation Feedly, Nuzzel and Flipboard are amazing tools. You can add RSS feeds to Feedly, key words to Flipboard and Nuzzel analyzes your account and offers content accordingly. You can then share these to social media or save in Pocket for later.
4. The Canva app is great for graphic design. They have built in templates and you can design social media graphics, flyers, invitations,banners and so much more.
5. I also use the Adobe Spark Photo and Video apps a fair bit. I don’t know what I was doing before Adobe Spark! It makes graphic design so much simple! If you’d like to read more about tools to create social media graphics that convert, read this.
6. I like using Rippl to create short videos or animations using photos. Easy to use and great results! They tend to have seasonal templates and designs. There is a paid version but you can do lots with the free version as well.
7. Unum is a very useful app to plan your Instagram in advance. Its visual planner feature allows to you see your photos as they’d appear on Instagram. By planning which photos/colours/themes go best together in advance, I can save time and be organised about my Instagram marketing. You can use this app to schedule posts for Instagram. Unum will send you a notification when it’s time to post.
Do you have any favourite apps? I would love to hear them, please let me know in the comments.