Support Our Independent Journalism Today!
Help us fight the fake stories out there… with real ones!
WHAT IS OUR STORY?
Our online magazine was created on 30 September 2016, just a few weeks after the British EU Referendum and a couple of months before the election of Donald Trump at the White House.
Why this name, PoliticsMeansPolitics.com? It came as the then newly appointed British Prime Minister Theresa May kept repeating in the media that “Brexit means Brexit”, after the EU Referendum.
This is why PoliticsMeansPolitics.com exists:
We are a weekly politics and current affairs magazine with one clear objective: Fighting the fake stories out there with real ones!
Our slogan is: “Debunking the usual untruth about politics and getting the facts right.”
Where our magazine politically stands: We are a British pro-EU weekly online magazine. We also believe in social equality, equal opportunity, the promotion of individual abilities and talents, social responsibility, universal healthcare, workers rights, entrepreneurship, fair market competition, access to education and culture for all, consumer rights, the prohibition of child labour, the fight against racism and antisemitism, and in the fight against global warming.
Visit the magazine at: PoliticsMeansPolitics.com
WHAT IS OUR AUDIENCE?
We have a growing number of followers and, on average, tens of thousands of readers choose to read our articles every day. Our magazine has received over 396,922 views in the last quarter all pages combined. The total amount of time our readers spent reading our magazine in the last quarter was well over 622,623 minutes. Although our target audience is English speaking readers mainly located in the United States, Britain, Canada and Australia, we also have readers in many other countries in the world, simply because the issues raised in our magazine are global and affect people everywhere on the planet.
WHY BECOMING A SUPPORTER NOW?
More and more readers follow our magazine every day because they like the content we offer and believe in our quality, independent and fair journalism.
We want to keep this trend growing.
For that reason, we want to keep having a magazine based on trust (with our readers and with our authors) and the knowledge that no story we publish can be dropped because of censorship or political pressure.
To remain independent though is difficult and expensive, as our advertising revenues are too small to help us maintain our growth and we don’t have billionaire owners, nor shareholders who could add capitals in a snap of fingers.
What we have is the understanding of the connections between good, independent, ethical journalism and democracy in a post-Brexit / post-Trump world. Our independent journalism considers the news from a different angle you may feel you can relate to.
So, if you like our work, please show your support. A one-off contribution to the work of our magazine PoliticsMeansPolitics.com will be greatly appreciated. Your contribution will guaranty we can continue to bring you great quality and independent articles to fight the fake stories out there… with real ones!
HOW WILL THE MONEY BE SPENT?
- While all our articles (and our contributors’) are made freely available to all our readers on our online magazine, it takes a lot of time to set them up, edit them, get all comments and facts right. Some of the money will go towards cost-effective admin techniques and apps that will help us run the website in a more proficient manner.
- A lot of people asked if there could be a print edition and we would love to produce one, that would remain free, of course. We will work towards producing a high-quality A4 size monthly or bi-monthly print edition of our magazine in the months to come. Distribution would be through our website as an e-magazine to start with.
- Finally, we love our contributors. We want to help all our contributors to continue feeding our magazine with great quality content. Therefore, some of the money will be used to set up a solution that will see ALL our contributors getting funded for the articles they produce.
WHAT WILL THE MAGAZINE LOOK LIKE?
- Open our columns to journalists, writers, bloggers, politicians, business leaders, economists, lawyers, thinkers and anyone who wants to discuss political decisions, social issues, innovative ideas, original projects and complex schemes.
- Open our columns to anyone who wants to tell their story, share their experience, explain their views, describe their pain, show their enthusiasm, demonstrate their joy, talk about their life.
- Open our columns to all writers with progressive opinions, whether they are Left-wing or Right-wing, as long as they support democracy, human rights, diversity and selflessness.
- Fight fake news published by right-wing outlets and tabloids and social media bots by publishing real, honest and positive news and opinions.
- Fight politicians’ alternative facts that threaten the democratic debate by fact-checking their speeches and comments to maintain transparency, honesty and democracy in politics.
- Go to the source of the reflections that influence politics and geopolitics in the changing world of today.
- Feed our readers with the most trustworthy, accurate and fact-checked information.
WHAT ABOUT INTERVIEWS?
While maintaining a neutral journalistic stance, we will always seek to challenge our interview guests and ask them difficult questions, simply because we know that our readers would want us to!
Please help support our non-partisan and independent articles & opinions platform by donating as little as £5. Feel free to contribute as you think appropriate.
The future of independent journalism is at stake. PoliticsMeansPolitics.com will fight for it.
PoliticsMeansPolitics.com is a JNPAQUET Media Ltd publication.
Copyright © 2016–2017 JNPAQUET Media Ltd. All rights reserved.