- Whatâs Happening with Navigation in ReactÂ Native?Thereâs something nice about the background imageâŚWhen I began learning React Native the docs and developers said that to handle navigation between scenes in your app you should use Navigator and a depreciated component, NavigatorIOS, was no longer recommended.
- After seeing a post on the React Native subreddit and then doing some digging, I found out that Navigator and NavigationExperimental will be depreciated in favour of one last library React-Navigation.
- Itâs all a bit of a mess but I will clear everything up from what Iâve found while building my app.NavigatorIOSThe first solution to navigation in React Native was NavigatorIOS.
- Like NavigatorIOS and Navigator, NavigationExperimental is being depreciated.React NavigationThe new recommended solution is React Navigation which hopes to overcome the issues of the previous solutions.
- It also has support for deep linking.Navigation in React Native has been a mess, but the developers in the community are doing a great job at finalising a long-term solution with React Navigation.