Identifying and Monitoring influencers
I regularly train people on how to identify and monitor influencer communities. At the most basic level, I recommend setting up Twitter lists to monitor what is going on in your industry and to give you content ideas.
Twitter lists are great for
-Keeping up to date with industry news
-Earmarking future potential business partners
-Identifying and monitoring influences
For anyone not currently doing this, I have created a quick guide for this below:
Step 1- Creating a list
1. Click on your Twitter profile icon to show the drop down menu.
2. Click on Lists.
3. Click Create new list.
4. Select a name for your list, and a short description of the list. Then select if you want the list to be private (only accessible to you) or public (anyone can subscribe to the list).
5. Click Save list.
Step 2- Adding handles to list
FYI- when you add someone to a list, if the list is private they will not be aware, if it is public they will receive a notification you have added them to the list.
1. Use the person icon drop-down menu on somebody’s profile.
2. Choose add or remove from Lists.
3. Choose the List you would like to add the person to or uncheck the List the person was already a member of (if you want to remove them).
Step 3- Monitoring your list
- You can also click through on twitter on any of the lists to view as a separate feed of only content from list members.
-Setting up on both is as simple as logging in to your account and then setting up columns with each twitter list.