How To Make An ANZAC Flavored Energy Bar
These bars contain oats for slow releasing energy, pumpkin seeds for zinc, coconut oil for a good fat, cinnamon to keep you alert and honey and dates for sweetness. You’ll love them too especially if you are allergic to nuts and dairy, I have even come up with a compromise for vegans. The only ones who are not covered are Paleos. Sorry.
ANZAC Energy Bars
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 cup chopped dates
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey (maple for vegan version)
- Line a small rectangular or square tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor process the dry ingredients until it forms a crumb.
- Add the wet ingredients until it can stick together.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in remaining pumpkin seeds.
- Pour into prepared tin and firmly press down to ensure you get even bars and that they will stick together.
- Let set in fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from fridge cut into bars.
- Enjoy on your next ride.
- Store in Fridge.