Why Your Business Should Stop Avoiding Instagram
Thinking of using Instagram for your small business?
Wondering if it’s worth your time?
Yes, Instagram used to be a social media platform for sharing cute pictures of your dog, but it’s changed a lot since then. Businesses are now using its many features that help you build a solid relationship with your target customers and drive sales.
Instagram has already hit over 1 billion active users, which is mind-blowing!
All you need is a great Instagram strategy, and you’ll be on the road to success.
If you’re still hesitant about using the platform, listed below are some benefits that might make you reconsider it.
It Pays to Create an Instagram Business Account
There are some significant advantages if you decide to go with a business account over a personal one. Here are the great benefits you can expect:
- It’s Free: This is good news, especially if you’ve just started your own small business. You can take advantage of this social platform without adding more to your expenses list.
- Contact Information Feature: Instagram provides a contact button for your followers to call or email you, which helps to build trust and provide first-class customer service.
- Instagram Insights: By analysing your performance you can keep track of what’s working and what’s not.
- Instagram Shopping: Your followers can buy products on your Instagram shop and you can also create shoppable posts. This means instant sales without your customers leaving the app.
- Instagram Ads: To grow your audience faster, you can use Instagram ads. Start with a small budget and gradually increase it to reach more potential customers.
Whether you’re a shop on the high street or an online business, you can benefit from using Instagram. So if you currently have a personal account, switch over to a business one for those extra features. It’s easy to do and can be done with a click of a button.
Instagram Features that Grow Your Audience Fast
If you want to get the most out of Instagram, these features will help grow your audience and sales:
- Video Posts: You can upload video posts up to 60 seconds long. This is an excellent feature because statistics show that videos always generate more engagement, and engagement is vital for the Instagram algorithm.
- Live Video: This is different from the video posts because it’s in real-time. Your followers can interact with you by liking or sharing their comments, which is great for gaining feedback and building a solid relationship.
- IGTV: Instagram TV lets you share long-form videos- we’re talking up to an hour-long, like watching a TV episode. You can use it to share helpful tutorials or show your new product in action.
- Stories: With stories, you can add images and video clips to be viewed for 24 hours. It displays at the top of your followers feed with a ring around it. Once the 24 hours have passed, the story disappears. You can add shoppable tags to stories so that viewers can click and purchase your products. This is a way to show off your products in action and drive sales.
- Reels: This is much newer and similar to tik tok videos. You can use it to capture your audience with 15-second videos. Many businesses have used this to skyrocket their reach, and it’s known to be more effective than your regular image post.
Becoming an Instagram Master
Before you rush off and start posting away, be clear on why you’re using Instagram.
Are you more interested in brand awareness? Or do you want to be a pro at selling on social media?
Whatever your goals, write them down and begin crafting your content strategy.
As you may already know, every business needs to tell a story. When it comes to Instagram it doesn’t have to be over the top, it can just be that all your images, videos, and captions connect with what your audience loves.
Focus on building a community
As you may know from experience, there’s a lot of noise on the internet. Many Instagram users are busy obsessing over how many followers and likes they have.
Instead of following the masses, you would do yourself a favor by building a genuine community. Start by engaging your target audience one on one and getting to know their needs.
It takes time, but the result will be — genuine followers who are eager to interact with your brand.
Wrapping It Up
Now that you know the benefits of having an Instagram business account and the features available to you, there’s only one thing left to do, and that’s to get started!
Just make sure you set your goals for success, be consistent with your storytelling, and focus on engaging with your audience.
If you’ve ever tried to use Instagram for your business, comment below about your experience.