RallyCross Packing List
I’m guilty of always forgetting something. If you’re like me, you need to go over a checklist before race day. Try this one on for size.
Before You Leave
- Review the event information provided by the region. Will lunch be available, or do you need to bring your own? What time do you need to be there? How much money, and what form of payment?
- Visit the region’s web site and social media outlets for any last-minute updates.
- Check the highway department web site for surprise road closures.
- Browse the entry list. Familiarize yourself with new names to help get to know new people.
- Print directions. Cellphone coverage may be limited.
- Batteries charged in phone, cameras, cordless impact, etc. Memory cards ready to record.
- Check fluid levels and street tire pressures.
- If you have separate competition tires, check to see if any went flat since the last event. Sometimes debris can get into the tire bead and cause a slow leak.
- Make sure wheel bearings, steering components, and suspension bolts pass the “shake” test. Wiggle the top of the wheels to check for play.
- Check battery tie-down tightness.
- Check toe settings if you own toe plates.
- Clean magnetic numbers and interior glass.
- Take out any loose junk that you don’t need to bring.
- Gas up vehicle.
Stuff to Bring
- Air tank and tire gauge
- Bug spray
- Cooler with water
- Entry fee money
- Face cleaner, wipes, etc.
- Food or food money
- Garbage bag
- Glass cleaner and towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Jack, jack stands, and wood sheet for soft surfaces
- Lip balm
- Medications, first aid supplies, tissues, etc.
- Spare socks and shoes
- Spare competition wheel/tire
- Tarp to shield belongings from rain or dust
- Toll cash if applicable
- Tow strap
- Wallet with driver’s license and SCCA card
- Weather-specific gear (hot, cold, rain, etc.)
- Consumables such as bottled water, ice for coolers.
- Current SCCA RallyCross Rules.
- Print event insurance form and safety plan.
- Bring tape/sheet protector to post insurance and safety plan.
- Spare contractor flags for marking cones.
- Event banner, signs, directional aids.
- Radio batteries charged.
- Pack RallyCross-specific equipment not already in region trailer.