Senior Product Manager
We are looking for creative and operational thinkers that are fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit to join our tight-knit group of product managers. This position requires a highly empathetic and collaborative Product Manager with excellent communication skills and a proven track record of success. In this role you will work closely with leadership and other members of the team to help shape the future of Medium.
What will you do?
- Own one of our critical product areas, and work collaboratively with engineers and designers to create a delightful discovery and reading experience for our users and members.
- Develop and execute the roadmap for Medium’s reading and content discovery surfaces, including the Medium home page (web and apps), individual article pages, recommendation modules, Medium’s email digests, push notifications, etc.
- Define and ship features that help us understand user interests and preferences, to better personalize and tailor their discovery and reading experiences on Medium.
- Work with our product science and user research teams to develop insights into the behaviors and needs of Medium users, and translate those insights into hypotheses for how we can improve the product.
- Drive product experimentation on Medium, with a clear eye towards improving the quality of the reader experience.
- Work closely with our editorial teams, and identify opportunities for how we can best blend hand-curated content with machine-driven personalization.
Who are you?
- You have at least 5 years of product management experience, ideally in the area of content delivery and personalization in consumer-focused Internet companies.
- You have proven experience defining product roadmaps, building experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers.
- You welcome the challenge of developing human-centered experiences and you thrive in ambiguity. You have strong product instincts, but keep those in check with a strong eye towards data.
- You have a vision for the future of the digital media economy.
We’d love to hear from you. Please send us a résumé here.